Toronto, Ontario – July 11, 2013 – Maxim Resources Inc. (“Maxim” or the “Company”) (TSX V: MXM Frankfurt: MSH OTCBB: MXMSF) held its Annual General Meeting on July 10, 2013, in the office of the Company. The meeting was called to order with a substantial quorum achieved.
The resolutions contained in the Company's Proxy Form were passed and there was no new business brought forward, these included;
- The approval of the audited financial statements of the Company for the financial years ended December 31, 2011 and December 31, 2012 and the reports of the auditor;
- The approval of the number of Directors of the Company at five (5);
- The election of Art Brown, Andrew Male, Neil Dinsdale, and Glen MacDonald to the Board of Directors of the Company;
- The appointment of Mackay LLP, Chartered Accountants as the auditor of the Company;
- The approval of the Stock Option Plan of the Company;
- The approval of Leni Gas & Oil plc, (“LGO”), as a “control person” of Maxim through investment and private placement;
- The approval of the Shares for Debt Transaction and the conversion of $300,000 of debt and the issuance of 6,000,000 ordinary shares in connection with the conversion at $0.05 per share. With regard to the LGO investment and private placement announced on May 22, 2013, the due diligence and the Definitive Agreement are in process. The Company has also received the approval of the TSX Venture Exchange for transaction and private placement. The Company anticipates that it will sign the Definitive Agreement with LGO on or before July 31st, 2013.
About Leni Gas & Oil plc
LGO is a company listed on the Alternative Investment Market of the London Stock Exchange (“AIM”). LGO is an international oil and gas exploration, development and production company incorporated in England and Wales and headquartered in London, England. LGO’s main assets and operations are located in Trinidad and Spain.
On behalf of the Board
President and CEO
Neither the TSX Venture Exchange nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in the policies of the TSX Venture Exchange) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release. This news release may contain certain forward-looking information. All statements included herein, other than statements of historical fact, is forward-looking information and such information involves various risks and uncertainties. There can be no assurance that such information will prove to be accurate, and actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such information.
A description of assumptions used to develop such forward-looking information and a description of risk factors that may cause actual results to differ materially from forward-looking information can be found in the company's disclosure documents on the SEDAR website at www.sedar.com. The company does not undertake to update any forward-looking information except in accordance with applicable securities laws